A Happy New Year of Bible Reading! (Updated)
For those into a New Year’s resolution of reading through the Bible in 2010, here’s a useful article comparing different plans available online:
My favorite is the plan by Robert Murray M’Cheyne, a Scottish minister (1813-43) held in high honor by all Presbyterians. Click here to download a printable two-page booklet in PDF form.
As every Christian should say, “If the Lord wills…” (James 4:15)
Thanks to Justin Taylor for pointing out that you can also subscribe to the ESV audio podcast in several ways: Web, RSS, Email, iCal, Mobile, Print. The subscription coincides with the reading schedules. Here’s how to subscribe to this in iTunes:
1. Go to the ESV Reading Plans page.
2. Right-click (Ctrl-click on a Mac) the “RSS” link of the feed you want.
3. Choose “Copy Link Location” or “Copy Shortcut.”
4. Start iTunes.
5. Choose Advanced > Subscribe to Podcast
6. Paste the URL from step three into the box.
7. Click OK.
If you want to listen online at home, it’s simpler:
- Go to the ESV Reading Plans page.
- Click on “Web” for your favorite reading plan (mine is M’Cheyne’s).
- A new window opens with a calendar on the top-right (click on image on the left to enlarge it).
- Click on “Listen” for the first Scripture passage. Scroll down for the other passages, and click “Listen” for each. (You may have to click twice.)
- The audio will start playing.
The January 1 podcast is only 14 minutes long, so it really doesn’t take that long.
This is exciting. I can now listen to the Word of God while stuck in the normal horrendous Manila traffic. Now I only have to get an iPod.
Powered by Facebook Comments