False Prophet: Here We Go Again…
Deuteronomy 18:20: But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.
Pat Robertson, the Jeane Dixon of evangelicalism, is at it again: he says God told him that there will be a terrorist attack on the U.S. after September 2007 in which possibly millions will be killed.
â€œI have a relatively good track record. Sometimes I miss.â€
Just last May 2006, he made another false prophecy that â€œthe coasts of America will be lashed by storms. There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest.â€ Of course, any moron could predict hurricanes in the East Coast between June-November of any year. And of course, any imbecile could predict a tsunami in the earthquake-prone West Coast.
Below is a message I sent in early 2006, cataloging Robertsonâ€™s false prophecies for 2005. The Bible demands 100.00 percent accuracy. Even if his track record i|s 99.9999â€¦ percent (more like 0.00 percent for him), it isnâ€™t good enough. Because Godâ€™s Word is perfect. And since only the words of the true, Holy-Spirit-inspired prophets and apostles of the Bible are God-breathed, therefore they are the only 100.00 percent perfect Word.
This is the problem with heretics and false prophets who believe that the Bible is not sufficient for faith, practice, and worship. They think they can add to or subtract from the Word of God with their â€œnew revelations.â€ In the end, they speak nonsense, and Godâ€™s Word is blasphemed by unbelievers. How long will evangelicals be duped by this heretical false prophet? No, you canâ€™t stone him to death, but at least you can stop watching 700 Club and sending in your precious dollars so this mumbo jumbo would stop.
â€” Original Message â€”
Sent: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:50:54 -0000
Subject: [wscal] False prophet
On January 3, 2005, Pat Robertson told his followers on 700 Club that God â€œrevealedâ€ to him the following (thereâ€™s always the copout, â€œif I heard from the Lordâ€):
1) â€œThe American stock market is going to surge upward.â€ Really? Letâ€™s see how the stock market fared in 2005: DJIA -0.6%, worst since 2002; NASDAQ Composite +1.4%; S&P|500 +3%.
2) â€œHeâ€™ll have Social Security reform passed.â€ As of the SOU address, SS reform is dead.
3) â€œHeâ€™ll have tax reform passed.â€ This, too, is dead in the water.
4) â€œJudges will be removed from the Supreme Court quickly and conservative judges on courts will be appointed.â€ As far as I know, Roberts, Rehnquist, Alito, and Oâ€™Connor are all conservatives.
Here are other â€œrevelationsâ€:
1) â€œThere will be an explosion of miracles in America.â€ Was he talking about Benny Hinn miracles?
2) â€œThe Muslim world will experience an acceleration of salvation.â€ As of yesterday, I havenâ€™t heard of any Great Awakening in the Mideast.
3) â€œTerrorists threats will diminish, but there will be more threats to Israel. Israel will be seduced to a â€˜false peace.â€™â€ TV is still full of videos of Israeli missiles hitting targets in the Gaza strip, and Iran threatening to â€œwipe Israel off the mapâ€ as soon as they develop nuclear weapons.
4) â€œThe vendetta to America will cease.â€ Osama, al-Zawahiri, al-Zarqawi, and Omar are being abused in Guantanamo. NOT!
Letâ€™s see what Ezekiel 13:9 says about Israelâ€™s false prophets:
â€œMy hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and who give lying divinations. They shall not be in the council of my people, nor be enrolled in the register of the house of Israel, nor shall they enter the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the Lord God.â€
Powered by Facebook Comments