Valentine’s Day Quotes
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
How well you know these quotes about “love”? Name the authors. Answers at the bottom.
- I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach.
- But love is blind, and lovers cannot see what petty follies they themselves commit.
- Love makes the world go round.
- And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
- ‘Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.
- I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don’t be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years.
- Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth! For your love is better than wine.
- Say you love me every waking moment, Turn my head with talk of summertime, Say you need me with you now and always. Promise me that all you say is true. That’s all I ask of you.
- Come, my beloved, let us go out into the fields and lodge in the villages.
- All you need is love.
- The rose is red, the violet’s blue. The honey’s sweet, and so are you. Thou art my love and I am thine; I drew thee to my Valentine: the lot was cast and then I drew and Fortune said it shou’d be you.
- You’re the cream in my coffee. You’re the salt in my stew. You will always be my necessity. I’d be lost without you.
- Love is a many-splendored thing.
1. Elizabeth Barrett Browning 2. William Shakespeare 3. O. Henry 4. 1 Corinthians 13:13 5. Alfred Lord Tennyson 6. Christina Perri (Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1) 7. Song of Solomon 1:2 8. Andrew Lloyd Webber (Phantom of the Opera) 9. Song of Solomon 7:11 10. John Lennon 11. 1784 English nursery rhyme 12. Seth McFarlane 13. Paul Francis Weber
Powered by Facebook Comments