Wanted: At Least 8 Committed Students
Mars Hill Study Center is applying to be one of Miami International Seminary’s worldwide study centers. To this end, we need 8 or more students who are willing to commit for each class offering: 15 hours in class, 15 hours of homework, 30 hours of reading, 20 hours special practical project (sermon, lesson plan, interview, survey, etc), and 5 hours to prepare for exams. Class completion is required within 6 months of start of class. (Note: This is flexible depending on need and educational level.)
What is Miami International Seminary (MiNTS)? MiNTS was formed in 2000 to help reach the world by Preparing Christian Leaders for Ministry. Its primary method for reaching the world is to train Christian Leaders where they live whether it is in the inner city, the suburb, in a foreign nation, or wherever. Its goal is to take the training to them rather than requiring that they come to a distant city for education in ministry.
Mission: The mission of MiNTS is to initiate a reproducible model for starting new study centers (centers that grow into seminaries) so that Christian training can take place almost anywhere believers meet.
Teachers: Classes will be mentored and taught by Rev. Nollie Malabuyo and visiting teachers from MiNTS.
Academic Programs: MiNTS offers the following programs, all in Theological Studies:
- A Certificate Program – 10 Courses, 30 Credit Hours
- AATS, Associate in Arts in Theological Studies. 60 Credit Hours
- BATS, Bachelor of Arts in Theological Studies. 120 Credit Hours
- MATS, Master of Arts in Theological Studies, 60 Credit Hours
- MDiv, Master of Divinity, 90 Credit Hours
Cost: Very affordable and appropriate for all applicants, 1/2-1 percent of the applicant’s net annual income, but a maximum fee will be set. Tuition fees will go towards printing reading materials and other costs in maintaining the study center. Books are also available for free loan from the Study Center.
Documentation needed for application:
- High school diploma for A.A./B.A. program
- All post-high school grades
- College diploma for M.A./M.Div. programs
- Three letters of recommendation: Academic Instructor, Pastor/Elder, Friend
- Completed Application Form
- Essay on Christian testimony
How to Apply: If you’re interested in taking courses for a degree program, or to supplement your Christian studies, please contact Rev. Nollie Malabuyo:
Catalog: To download the MiNTS Catalog for more information, click here.