Come, join us as we worship a holy and gracious God with reverence and joy!
|* Those who are able, please stand.||Download PDF liturgy|
ENTERING INTO WORSHIP
* Call to Worship: Psalm 19:1-6
* Invocation: Psalm 124:8
* Salutation: 1 Corinthians 1:2-3
* Opening Prayer: Based on Psalm 19:14
* Song of Praise: The Spacious Heavens Declare #28:1-4
CONFESSION OF SIN
Reading of the Law: 1 Corinthians 6:9-13
Gracious Father in heaven, forgive my sins. Forgive the sins that I remember, and the sins I have forgotten. Forgive my many failures in the face of temptation, and those times when I have been stubborn in the face of correction. Forgive the times I have been proud of my own achievements and those when I have failed to boast in your works. Forgive the harsh judgments I have made of others, and the leniency I have shown myself. Forgive the lies I have told to others, and the truths I have avoided. Forgive me the pain I have caused others and the indulgence I have shown myself. Have mercy on me and make me whole. To the glory of Thy holy Name. Amen.
Assurance of Pardon: 1 John 1:8-9
RESPONSE OF GRATITUDE
Song of Thanksgiving: How Blessed is He Whose Trespass #55:1-2
Creed: Nicene Creed
Offerings: Psalm 116:12-14
SERVICE OF THE WORD
* Scripture Lessons: Ecclesiastes 1:12-18; 2:12-17; 1 Corinthians 1:18-31 (texts)
* Gloria Patri
* Song of Preparation: How I Love Thy Law, O Lord #248:1, 2
Sermon: THE VANITY OF WISDOM
1. The Meaninglessness of Man’s Wisdom
2. The Power of God’s Wisdom
SERVICE OF THE LORD’S SUPPER
Sursum Corda (Psalm 25:1)
Minister: Lift up your hearts!
People: We lift them up to the LORD!
LEAVING TO SERVE
* Song of Response: Praise Ye the Lord, for It is Good #302:1-3
* Doxology: Come, Thou Almighty King #317:1, 4
* Benediction: 2 Corinthians 13:14
* Amen! Three-Fold Amen