Come, join us as we worship a holy and gracious God with reverence and joy!
Liturgical Element of the Week: This week, we begin focusing on each of the liturgical elements. We start with the Call to Worship. What is it, and why?
|* Those who are able, please stand.||Download PDF liturgy|
ENTERING INTO WORSHIP
* Call to Worship: Psalm 90:1-6, 12-17
* Invocation: Habakkuk 2:20
* Salutation: 2 Timothy1:2
* Opening Prayer
* Song of Praise: O God, Our Help in Ages Past #176:1-4, 6
CONFESSION OF SIN
Reading of the Law: Ephesians 5:3-6, 15-21
O Our Father, although you are a holy God who cannot look upon sin, look upon Christ our Savior and forgive us for his sake. You have promised us that if we confess our sins, you are faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. For if we do sin, we have an Advocate before your throne, Jesus Christ the Righteous, and he is the propitiation for our sins. Give us your pardon by your mercies, dear Father, for you have clothed us in Christ’s righteousness. We ask also that you would give us an increase of the grace of your Holy Spirit, so that we may learn the wisdom of your ways and walk in your holy paths, for your glory and the good of our neighbor. Amen.
Assurance of Pardon: 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14
RESPONSE OF GRATITUDE
SERVICE OF THE WORD
* Scripture Lessons: Ecclesiastes 11:7-12:7 (text); 1 Corinthians 15:50-58
* Gloria Patri
* Song of Preparation: The LORD’s My Shepherd #38:1-5
Sermon: “REMEMBER ALSO YOUR CREATOR”
1. “In the Days of Your Youth”
2. “Before the Evil Days Come”
3. “And the Spirit Returns to God”
LEAVING TO SERVE